Ravin doesn’t make that many mid-range crossbows. When they made the Ravin R10, it took everyone by surprise for sure.
People weren’t expecting such a good mid-range crossbow from Ravin. That’s why most other brand tried to dethrone Ravin from this spot and make their own spot. Tenpoint is known for their rivalry against Ravin crossbows. The Tenpoint Turbo M1 is a direct competitor to the Ravin R10. Which one is better among them? We will find that out soon enough.
Ravin R10 & Tenpoint Turbo M1: Outlooks
Ravin R10 vs Tenpoint Turbo M1: Specs Table
|Specs||Ravin R10||Tenpoint Turbo M1|
|Speed||400 FPS||380 FPS|
|Kinetic Energy||142 FP-KE||122 FP-KE|
|Power Stroke||11 Inches||14 Inches|
|Draw Weight||220 LBS||190 LBS|
|Axle To Axle||6 / 10.5 Inches||9 / 14 Inches|
|Length||33 Inches||32.5 Inches|
|Weight||6.8 LBS||6.4 LBS|
|Reviews||Ravin Crossbows||Tenpoint Crossbows|
Ravin R10 & Tenpoint Turbo M1: Key Differences
- Ravin R10 is faster.
- Ravin R10 is more powerful.
- Turbo M1 is lighter.
- Ravin R10 is more compact.
Those are the key differences between the Ravin vs Tenpoint turbo m1. Lets find out advantages & disadvantages.
Ravin R10 Advantages
Even though the Turbo M1 supposed to be a competitor to the Ravin R10, it doesn’t do that good of a job there. Ravin R10 clearly outperforms the M1 by miles. I will even go as far as to say Turbo M1 shouldn’t even be compared with the Ravin R10.
Ravin R10 is simply the better crossbow both on paper an on-field. It’s not that hard to judge it when we have seen countless reviews of he Ravin R10.
- 400 FPS, COMPACT 6-INCH COCKED AXLE-TO-AXLE WITH HELICOIL TECHNOLOGY
- LIGHT WEIGHT 6.8-POUNDS - For maneuverability in the field
- BUILT-IN COCKING MECHANISM AND ANTI-DRY FIRE/AUTO SAFETY
- 100-YARD ILLUMINATED SCOPE AND QUIVER
- 3 RAVIN .003 ARROWS - With field tips (400-grain total weight)
Tenpoint Turbo M1 Advantages
Tenpoint Turbo M1 is a good crossbow if we don’t consider it as the competition of the Ravin R10. It slowly become worse when you start considering the price of the crossbow and the related crossbows.
I was supposed to give you reasons to choose the crossbow here, right? I will give Tenpoint credit for trying at least. If the cranking device was pre-installed and not separate purchase, then the Tenpoint Turbo M1 would have been a good buy.
- Turbo M1 is the lightest, narrowest, and fastest version in our long line of successful Turbo models
- Featuring a radically narrow, 9-inch wide bow assembly, the Turbo M1 sends arrows down-range with pin-point accuracy at lightning speeds up to 380 feet-per-second
- The optional Acura PRO silent cocking device makes cocking this crossbow effortless
- Powered by VX-5 inverted cams that elongate the power-stroke and increase rotation to produce devastating speeds and pin-point down-range accuracy
- The NEW T5 trigger helps separate it from the competition being that it is one of the safest triggers on the market; It is ambidextrous, includes an auto-engaging safety, and has a dry-fire inhibitor [DFI]
Ravin R10: Cons
The key problem with the Ravin R10 was the scope. The included cope is not good. It’s not suitable for such a powerful crossbow. The crossbow crosshair won’t be able to keep up with the speed of the Ravin R10. The calibration on the crossbow scope is not that good either. You need to recalibrate the scope completely for better performance
Tenpoint Turbo M1: Cons
The main con for the Turbo M1 will be the price tag. Tenpoint got a cheaper crossbow called Vengent that can shoot up to 400 FPS and generate almost the same amount of kinetic energy. That crossbow costs same or lesser than Turbo m1. My point is, Turbo M1 is not the correct competition for the Ravin R10.
Ravin R10 vs Tenpoint Turbo M1: Videos
Ravin R10 vs Tenpoint Turbo M1 Summary
Turbo M1 didn’t have a chance to begin with. Ravin R10 outclasses the Turbo M1 by miles. You don’t even need to watch the reviews of the both. By reading this review and seeing he specification chart again, you already know they are not in the same league. Tenpoint can give better competition to Ravin.
Just take the Ravin R10 and you will be quite happy with your purchase.