Ravin made history with Ravin R10 and R20. After that, they kept releasing crossbows as successor to these giants. Ravin R29 is the successor of Ravin R20. A damn good one at that. But the Ravin R29 is not cheap. It’s one of the most expensive crossbows on the market. Should you pay the premium for the R29? Or the R10 is enough for you?
Stick around and you shall find out just that. Without further ado, let’s get this party started.
Ravin R10 & R29: Outlooks
Ravin R10 vs R29: Specs Table
|Specs||Ravin R10||Ravin R29|
|Speed||400 FPS||430 FPS|
|Kinetic Energy||142 FP-KE||164 FP-KE|
|Power Stroke||11 Inches||12.5 Inches|
|Draw Weight||12 LBS||12 LBS|
|Axle To Axle||6 / 10.5 Inches||6 / 10.5 Inches|
|Length||33 Inches||29 Inches|
|Weight||6.8 LBS||6.75 LBS|
Ravin R10 & Ravin R29: Key Differences
- Ravin R29 is way smaller and more compact than Ravin R10.
- Ravin R29 is a tad bit lighter than R10.
- The power stroke is longer on the Ravin R29.
- Ravin R29 is faster and stronger than Ravin R10.
Those are the noteworthy differences between the two. Now let’s talk about should you have to take ravin r29 or r10 is way enough!
Reason To Choose Ravin R10
Ravin R10 is one of the best mid-budget segment crossbows. It provides premium experience for a less than half of a premium crossbow. Which itself is an achievement. For that back in 2019 they bagged a lot of awards as well. If you are looking for a budget premium crossbow, then Ravin R10 can be the next best thing for you.
- 400 FPS, COMPACT 6-INCH COCKED AXLE-TO-AXLE WITH HELICOIL TECHNOLOGY
- LIGHT WEIGHT 6.8-POUNDS - For maneuverability in the field
- BUILT-IN COCKING MECHANISM AND ANTI-DRY FIRE/AUTO SAFETY
- 100-YARD ILLUMINATED SCOPE AND QUIVER
- 3 RAVIN .003 ARROWS - With field tips (400-grain total weight)
Reason To Choose Ravin R29
Ravin R29 is one of the best crossbows on the market. It’s not the fastest by any means. But what it can do is shoot at 430 FPS with 165 ft-lbs of kinetic energy. That much of power is enough to annihilate any target you through in front of it.
It’s also one of the most compact crossbows on the market. If you are looking for a compact crossbow that packs the power of a tank, the Ravin R29 is the perfect choice for you.
- 430 FPS, COMPACT 6-INCH COCKED AXLE-TO-AXLE WITH HELICOIL TECHNOLOGY
- LIGHT WEIGHT 6.75-POUNDS - For maneuverability in the field
- BUILT-IN COCKING MECHANISM WITH DRAW HANDLE AND ANTI-DRY FIRE/AUTO SAFETY
- 100-YARD ILLUMINATED SCOPE, QUIVER AND ACCESSORIES BRACKET
- 6 RAVIN .003 ARROWS - With field tips (400-grain total weight)
Disadvantages Of Ravin R10
One of the main disadvantages of the Ravin R10 was the included scope. It wasn’t the best by any means. For the money, we can give the scope a passing grade. But that’s barely hitting the requirements. Was expecting better from Ravin.
Disadvantages Of Ravin R29
Besides the price-tag, there aren’t many negatives to point out on this crossbow. One thing that can be considered as con is the height of the crossbow. You may be wondering, how is that a con? Shouldn’t be a pro as it’s compact and lightweight? Well, you see, some of us are tall people. Tall people will struggle to load the crossbow every time flawlessly. So, it’s a con for Gulliver, but pro for the rest of us.
Ravin R10 vs R29: Videos
Ravin R10 vs R29 Summary
So, why does this comparison exist to begin with? I mean, Ravin R10 vs R29 wasn’t a fair matchup ever. But it was done to clarify the value of the Ravin R10. Some of you are sleeping on this beauty because of its date. Trust me, Ravin R10 is a fine wine that is aging nicely as time goes on.
If you have the money to go all out, the obvious winner here is the Ravin R29. For those who doesn’t want to go all out, but don’t really want to miss out on the flagship experience either, Ravin R10 is the best of the both worlds. Just get a better scope and you are set for a long time.