Crossbow manufacturers loves naming multiple crossbows the same name. Barnett Whitetail has more than two crossbows under its banner. All of them are named quite similarly. Barnett Whitetail Pro STR and Barnett Whitetail Hunter II. Besides the name, do they have any more similarities?
We will find that out soon enough. But what we won’t find out is, why? Why does Barnett name their crossbows so similar? What’s the point? If you know it, do let me know it down below. Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get started.
Barnett Whitetail Pro Str vs Hunter II: Outlooks
Barnett Whitetail Pro Str vs Hunter II: Specs Table
|Specs||Whitetail Pro Str||Whitetail Hunter II|
|Speed||400 FPS||350 FPS|
|Kinetic Energy||135 FP-KE||103 FP-KE|
|Power Stroke||16.25 Inches||12.5 Inches|
|Draw Weight||187 LBS||160 LBS|
|Axle To Axle||17.625 Inches||16.125 Inches|
|Length||36.5 Inches||32.25 Inches|
|Weight||6.9 LBS||6.4 LBS|
Barnett Whitetail Pro Str & Hunter II: Key Differences
- Hunter II is lighter, smaller, and more compact.
- Pro STR is faster & more powerful.
- Pro STR requires less force to load the bow.
Those are the key differences between the Barnett whitetail pro str vs Barnett whitetail hunter ii. Let’s find out advantages & disadvantages.
Barnett Whitetail Pro STR: Advantages
Even though the Hunter II is the lighter and smaller crossbow among the two, it’s not the powerful one. The Whitetail Pro STR is far more powerful. The top speed on the Pro STR is also quite high. Even with recommended arrows, Hunter II won’t be able to close the gap between the two. The included scope on the Pro STR is quite good. Far better than what you expect in this price range.
The Pro STR has a lower drawer weight. For a crossbow that can reach 400 FPS, the draw weight is not that high. It’s only 187 lbs. And you can lower that even further by using the rope coking device. That will eliminate 50% of the draw weight.
- 400 Feet Per Second Crossbow in Tru Bark Camo. Package includes premium 4x32 illuminated scope, Rope Cocking Device, Side Mount Quiver, Two 22" Headhunter Arrows, and Lube wax
- Draw Weight: 187 pounds. Kinetic Energy: 140 Ft. lbs. Power Stroke 16.375". Overall weight: 6.9 pounds. Dimensions: 36.5" L x 20"W. Axle to Axle 17.625"
- Made in the USA and ships mostly assembled; 12.5 Power Stroke (in)
- Ships to you mostly assembled. Allows for Intergration of Barnett Crank Cocking Device
- Safety First: Equipped with Nock Sensor and Anti-Dry Fire Trigger System to eliminate Dry Fires. Finger Guards & Finger Safety Reminders. Be sure to wax strings every 10 shots
Barnett Whitetail Hunter II: Advantages
If you want a smaller and compact crossbow, but don’t mind sacrificing everything else, then you can go for the Hunter II. Otherwise, the Pro STR drives the better bargain here.
- 350 feet per second. Draw weight: 150 pounds; Kinetic energy: 103 feet pounds. Real tree extra camo
- Overall weight 6.4 pounds. Axle to axle 16.125". Dimensions 34.25"L x 18.25"W
- Heavy duty, dual stage lockable latches and a built in pressure release valve also help the gun cases withstand the continuous bumping and jarring of airline travel
- Trigger tech technology with 3 pounds zero-creep release. All stainless steel components. Nock sensor and adf eliminate dry fires
- Includes: 4x32 scope, rope cocking device, light weight quiver, two 20 inch Headhunter arrows, lube wax (we suggest you lube strings every 10 shots)
Barnett Whitetail Pro STR: Cons
The crossbow is quite big and the power stroke is also quite long. That makes this crossbow hard to use for short people. To mitigate that issue, crossbows normally come with a cranking device. The cranking device lower the draw weight and helps you balance the power stroke better. Unfortunately, you won’t get a cranking device with this crossbow. But it is compatible with one.
Barnett Whitetail Hunter II: Cons
The included scope on the Hunter II is not the best. It’s quite decent but there are other better crossbows available for purchase. We can’t forget that this costs nearly half of the price of the Whitetail Pro STR. I think it gets a passing grade.
Barnett Whitetail Pro Str vs Hunter II: Videos
Barnett Whitetail Pro Str vs Hunter II: Summary
With the cranking device, the Whitetail Pro STR costs nearly double of the price of the Whitetail Hunter II. While buying the crossbow, you need to figure out whether you are okay with spending more or not.
If the answer is yes, then go with the Whitetail Pro STR. If the answer is no, then go with the Whitetail Hunter II.